COVID-19 Coronavirus - What can we do? (Bulletin 1)
We have had many queries over the past week asking what we, as your EAP and employee wellbeing Provider, can do in terms of:
- Practical support for employees and managers and our ability to provide services should the spread of COVID-19 and its impact continue.
- Specific advice concerning the spread of the virus and requirements should you have suspected or actual infected employees.
- The impact of the annual flu vaccination in relation to the virus.
1. Practical Support:
- Counselling and coaching: At this stage, we continue to provide our customers with all services (face to face, online, and telephonic). We have noticed an increasing number of people experiencing fear and anxiety due to the impact of COVID-19. As such, we have set up a small group of experienced senior clinicians (our Manager Hotline clinicians) who will be available to discuss these issues telephonically within 24 hours. Often this will be an immediate transfer to the clinician. It is important that the person seeking this service indicates to the customer service staff that the issue is related to the coronavirus.
- Critical Incident Response: Will continue as required.
- Onsite workshops and other services: Will continue as required.
2. New Services:
As a result of COVID-19, we have already been assisting organisations in the Asia Pacific where there has been an increasing requirement for staff to work from home. We would be pleased to assist your organisation should you have a similar requirement for your employees now at a later stage.
SMG Health is currently able to provide:
- Assistance with adjustment strategies in being able to work from home effectively.
- Group WebEx sessions on working from home.
- Tip sheets on the topic of working from home effectively.
3. Specific Advice:
- We will be running several online Q&A sessions with a senior psychologist and medical practitioner responding to questions you may have about COVID-19. If you are interested in attending one of these sessions, please contact your SMG Health account manager.
- Annual influenza vaccinations and COVID-19 which will be covered in the Q&A sessions.
- SMG Health is also offering a 30min live webinar delivered by SMG Health's medical director, who is an expert in this field. The session will be tailored to the questions currently being asked by your employees and your organization. Please contact your account manager for more details.
In addition to the above SMG has a comprehensive business continuity plan which specifically covers pandemics. It is a structured approach allowing us to continue the delivery of services with appropriate adjustment depending on the level and longevity of the pandemic. Currently, we are fully prepared to be able to continue all services either telephonic or online should the situation in Australia, or particular locations in Australia, require such action.
Ian Shakespeare - CEO